Monday, November 24, 2014

A little bit of Elmhurst at the Happiest Place on Earth

We have been very fortunate to take a trip to Disney this fall.  It has meant that we have been away from Elmhurst a bit this month.  Recently before going, I wanted to pick up a fun "Disney" like outfit for my daughter.  Previously we had an adorable Minnie Mouse outfit we had found at a dance store in Villa Park, but she had grown out of it.

I almost ordered something from the Disney Store, but I wanted to check to see if I could find something locally.   Also, I often see little kids walking around hot, humid Florida in costumes that look very uncomfortable.  The last thing I want to do is either carry around an extra change of clothes or deal with a unhappy preschooler.   I found the best skirt at Pout in Pink in Elmhurst!  It is a very cute, FULL, Minnie Mouse colored tutu.  I was able to pair it with a red and white shirt and it was perfect for the Magic Kingdom Christmas Party.
l

I was asked repeatedly where we got the skirt as it was very unique and unlike anything else anyone had at the park.   We even had a few people that worked at Magic Kingdom (cast members) mention how much they liked it.  I was proud to say that it was from a special store in Elmhurst, IL.  The best part is that is so well made and from great materials so it was not hot or itchy at all!  MUCH better than the materials used for most Disney costumes - at a LOWER cost!  My daughter couldn't stop spinning and showing it off.  She also mentioned that it was so comfy that she wanted to sleep in it later that night.   Even though we got it for Disney I think we will use this outfit again this holiday season.  What a great find!

No comments:

Post a Comment