Thursday, November 13, 2014

It's a Nu Day


I have been promising Scott that I would do a post on Nu Crepes since it is one of our favorite restaurants.   We go here often, but once the 30 day challenge started for some reason we didn't make it there for the first few weeks.



This is really Scott and my daughter's place.  I go with them from time to time on the weekend, but they usually go almost every week.  It is one of the post-gymnastics/dance rituals.  Our daughter loves Nu Crepes so much that if we even mention it in passing she insists that we go there (in that obsessive 4 year old kind of way).  

I think the reason they like Nu Crepes so much is varied:

Dad:  Adventurous eater and loves the variety.  Nu Crepes is constantly adding new menu items.  They are usually very unique and play on the current season.




Preschooler:  Only likes a few foods.  Peanut butter + banana + crepe = preschool palate happiness.



What I am referring to above is a crepe called The King.  It is the only thing she will order when we go there.  So much so that we don't even have to order for her - the Nu Crepes team already knows.  

I like Nu Crepe in particular because it is a really unique place.  When we have people in from out of town or friends from other burbs/city we usually take them to Nu Crepes.  Unanimously people always love it and it stands out as something really unique in Elmhurst.  They are a little tucked away in the City Center, but I think that is part of the charm. 

Sadly, as I write this I am on a business trip in NYC.  I am surrounded by restaurants on every block, but all I want right now is a Veggie crepe...grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment