Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 1: Morning

Day One - Morning

So starting day one I began by thinking about where I would be spending money today.  My day usually goes like this:

Morning:  Starbucks downtown near work after getting off the the train
Lunch:  Au Bon Pain or Potbelly downtown

Not to mention the flash sales on Zulily or Gilt that come up on the phone.  I am the queen of shopping and riding the Metra at the same time.  Multi-tasking at its best!!

This morning I decided to shake up the coffee routine and instead of waiting until I got downtown to get my coffee on the way, I would take a few minutes and buy coffee in Elmhurst instead.

My goal was to leave a few minutes early so I would have time.  Well - I left late as usual and found myself rushing to make sure I made that 732am train (I had a meeting at 830 with our CEO - not one I can miss).  Despite my hurry I ducked into Courageous Bakery and got a small coffee and a blueberry muffin.    It was lovely.  They were playing music.  It was bright, friend and quiet.  I was worried that I would not have enough time, but it only took less than 4 minutes and I was able to make my train.

I had grand plans to take photos inside the bakery, but I only had 4 minutes so all I managed was a pic of my coffee from the train.

So, did I miss my skinny vanilla latte?  Honestly, I did a little.  BUT - I loved that my day was much calmer.  Courageous Bakery was so calm and quiet (and friendly).  I walked to work with coffee already in my hand (which was great as it was COLD out there today).  I didn't wait in a long line, bark my order and huddle with everyone else hoping mine comes up next.

Also, best part is that my $4.90 stayed in Elmhurst.

No comments:

Post a Comment