Saturday, October 25, 2014

Shopping for our Four Legged Family: It's a Ruff Life

One last errand we had today was to get a few things for our pets.  We have quite a group of pets at our house at the moment:  2 pugs, a puggle and a kitten.  We needed treats, kitten toys and a special supplement for one of our pugs.

I stopped by Ruff Life to pick up the items we needed.  We had first gone to Ruff Life this summer during and adoption event they were having.  We didn't adopt an animal at that time, but we made a mental note to go back.  Now was a great time.



They have a wide selection of natural food and treats.  Their "bakery" items look good enough for humans to eat (don't worry, I didn't).  I picked up some Halloween colored bones for the pugs.


The biggest thing I was in for was something called Cranimal.  Last time we were in Chris, the owner" turned us on to Cranimal.  We have a pug with chronic UTIs and we have to buy him special (ie...expensive) food or he has issues.  This would mean that we 2 kinds of dog food and cat food at any given time.  We tried Cranimal and we are able to use the SAME food for all the dogs and still keep him healthy.  I will admit that I was skeptical, but it totally worked (yea!).  That is one thing I love about shopping local.  The ability to have a very knowledgeable person (the owner in this case) available to discuss, guide and help customers towards the right products!  I can't tell you how many times I have wandered a larger store needing help (or just an explanation) only to be unable to find a single person.  The moment you walk in Chris engages you in order to find out what you need and how they can help.  A great experience.


When I got back Scott and I started talking about our dog food.  We currently get it at Costco, but once it runs out we are going to look at getting our food at Ruff Life.  They seems to have a great selection and I would much rather see this store profit from our sale!


No comments:

Post a Comment