Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Girls Night Out at Rosalia's Deli

Poor Scott came down with the flu yesterday so I worked from home.  I wanted to keep our daughter out of the house a bit while Scott was feeling so poorly.  I both wanted to give him a break as well as (hopefully) minimize her exposure.   She was in preschool for a chunk of the day.  In the evening when I finished my final conference call I decided that it would be a "girls night out".  It had been a long time since her and I had a chance to have time that was just the two of us.

I need a place that was casual and easy so we headed to Rosalia's Deli.  I love that Rosalia's is a full scale deli, but also a great place to get a wonderful meal.  They have great paninis, wood fired pizza, soups and gelato.  It is an awesome place to get a fresh, home cooked, meal.  I ordered for us at the counter (wood fired cheese pizza) and also placed a "to go" order of soup for Scott.  I figured that once his appetite was back, he would love some homemade soup.

They cook the pizza in a wood fired oven right to the left of the deli.  Our daughter loved seeing her pizza go in the oven.  It was very tasty and we enjoyed sitting and talking about our day.  I noticed that this seems to be a great local spot.  There was a ton of chatter and people coming and going to pick up dinner to either eat in or take out.

We split a homemade lemon ricotta cookie on our way out and my daughter declared (with her mouth full) that "this cookie is suupa dewicious".  It was good enough that she actually passed the gelato counter without asking 25 times if we could get some.

Rosalie's isn't just for home cooked food, but it also is a great place to get deli meat as well as fresh made frozen pasta.  To be honest, we have come here a few times for sandwiches, but often forget to come to pick up more "grocery" items.  To further support a family owned local business, I picked up some Pumpkin Ravioli to take home to serve on Halloween night as a post trick or treating meal.  Perfect!

So in one stop we got a great meal, a meal to take home (to the poor sick hubby) and pasta for later in the week.  I call that a productive (and tasty) stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment