Friday, October 24, 2014

Pizza Friday!



AHHHHH...it is Friday

I love Fridays.  I mean the entire day just feels great.  I work a job that requires travel, long hours and overall way too much time away from my family.  By Friday my 4 year old daughter is usually starting to ask if they get to "keep me yet".  That is her way of asking if I will be home.  Fridays are special days.  It is the beginning of the weekend and a big exhale from the week.

When I can catch a 5pm train, my husband and daughter will meet me and we will grab a bite to eat before heading on home.  Tonight when I got off the train - there they were waiting.  Also, there was this amazing pizza smell in the air.  I looked at my daughter and said "pizza??" and she literally jumped in the air with a "who hoo".  So pizza it was.

The past two days I have mostly talked about the coffee in Elmhurst as we have a lot of coffee shops. I think I could do an entire blog on the coffee AND pizza places (oh, and frozen yogurt).  

Tonight we went to Two Brothers Ristorante for a quick pizza and some beer.  I will be honest that I am not a great judge of pizza because I like nearly ALL pizza I eat.  I just love it.  I try not to eat it too often so it is always a treat.

The pizza a Two Brothers was very good.  Crispy with just enough sauce.  The cheese was delightfully salty.  The menu looked yummy and for a few minutes I considered ordering gnocchi vs. pizza, but my pizza love won.  

Great way to spend a Friday night!


No comments:

Post a Comment