Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 2: Its Friday!!

So, today is day 2.  Again this morning I stopped to get coffee before getting on the train.  This time I actually left on time so I wasn't running for the train (for once).  

I promise that at some point this blog will be about more than just coffee shops in Elmhurst..(although we do have a few - we like our coffee)  haha.

Today I stopped by Brewpoint Coffee House.  What an adorable place.  I was able to talk with Melissa, their owner for a minute as well.  They have only been open for 7 weeks so far!

The things I loved the most about Brewpoint were:

1.  The atmosphere:  The inside is really cute and comfortable.  It has a global vibe to it.  It seems like a great place where you can hang out to work, chat, etc.  There were two people who were on laptops in the coffee shop and it seemed like a comfy place to hang out.  I am excited to bring the family here.

2.  The coffee:  I had a latte and it was delicious.   The coffee tasted very rich and my latte was a perfect MIX of coffee and milk.   I have had lattes that fast much more like steamed milk than anything else.  This just tasted like rich coffee.  They seemed to have a great selection of coffee and coffee drinks.  I will try something more interesting next!

3.  Food:  I had the pumpkin bread which was also very delicious.  I noticed that they had a fairly big selection of "gluten free" items as well.  I don't eat gluten free, but I know that a lot of people do and would love to have more that one choice!

I was actually able to take some photos of the inside.  I am not the best photographer so no judgements! You can see how cute it is!





As I mentioned below, I will go to more than coffee shops.  I do think it is awesome that we have a nice coffee culture in this town.

Also - I posted this blog last night to Elmhurst ETalk which made me a little nervous.  I am excited that I am receiving such positive response!  Sounds like a few people may join me in this challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment